Friday, August 10, 2012

Poor, neglected blog

It's been more than a year since my last post here, apparently.

Poor, neglected blog.

This does not mean, however, that I have not had adventures with my Mito.  Quite to the contrary, actually! I have been so busy with my boy (plus work, of course. Blech!) that I just couldn't find time to write anymore.  And since I made a promise to myself before I gave birth that I will not sacrifice the experience in favor of documentation, I always always opted to sit on the floor and play with Mito whenever I had some free time instead of in front of the computer blogging.

But I do miss writing.  So today I thought, hey, while I'm in the office and can't spend time with Mito anyway, and I have a few minutes to myself, I will write.

It has been a very good year - in so many ways.  I went through probably the most difficult challenge in my life to date (which will be the subject of a different post) and I want to believe I have learned and am still learning so much from it, Moks transferred jobs and is proving to be awesome in his current job, we celebrated Mito's birthday and many other milestones in his life.


His first taste of ice cream. Oh, it opened a whole new world of awesome for him!
  
This was his pre-birthday photo shoot, at the QC Circle. 


I have a 1-year old!  We had an Angry Birds-themed birthday party for him, because his hair at that time was so much like the Angry Birds' head feathers.  Hehe.

His first haircut, at 18 months. No fuss, no tears.  Thanks to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!


At the Thunderbird Resort in La Union.  We totally "summered up" this year - 6 swimming trips! 
 Mito's 21 months old now.  He's running and climbing and wrestling.  He's not quite talking yet, which admittedly frustrates and worries me at times, but he's able to communicate with me well enough so it's still fine.

As OC as I want to be about this blog being "incomplete" and missing many details of Mito's growth and development, I know I just won't be able to write about everything that happened in the past year and catch up to present.  So I will quit obssessing about it.  Instead, here's to hoping I will be able to write as much as I want on this blog from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment