Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pregnant and freaked

Hello world!

This is my 4th attempt to keep a blog, but my first attempt to blog about pregnancy and the millions of joys and horrors that come with it.

I found out I am pregnant about 3 weeks ago. From that time on, I have bought and read the very popular What to Expect When You're Expecting book, and I have spent hours and hours googling about pregnancy and babies and being a mommy. Despite this, I still feel as clueless as a 2-year-old about it. Every new symptom I get is a cause for alarm, every new information - whether from my OB or from books and the internet - is suspect. I keep second-guessing everything.

To top all that, I now have a heightened sense of every little thing going on in my body. I've never paid as much attention to my heartbeat, my blood pressure, my body temperature, the veins on my stomach and legs, the tenderness of my breasts, the queasiness of my tummy, or the burning sensation in my esophagus as I do now. I'm a walking, talking stethoscope-microscope-BP monitor-mirror of myself.

So this blog is my attempt to document this period, which, as early as now, I foresee to be the craziest 9 months of my life. I hope by writing it all down, I would be able to retain some semblance of sanity.

So read on, journey with me, and get the low-down on my take on mommyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment