Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life is beautiful

Out of sheer exhaustion at work and a serious need for something to read other than contracts, I remembered this blog.

It’s funny to be reminded about how scared I was – how utterly clueless – about what will happen when I give birth. And now, almost 7 months after, I can only exclaim:

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.

Yes, I am now blessed with an amazing, sweet, smiling little boy who just fills my heart with so much joy. And despite the difficulties of mothering for the first time – and it is difficult – I found that it’s just so worth it.

It’s worth it to wake up 5 times every night to nurse my baby, thankful that we can have these moments, this bond.

It’s worth it to have to clean up his poop several times a day, with each one being my assurance that he’s fine and he’s healthy.

It’s worth it to ache all over after a long day out, with him almost constantly in my arms.

It’s worth it to wait and watch and applaud the littlest developments in his simple, happy, busy life.



Life with a little boy is a wellspring of stories. So I am deciding to revive this blog, but with a make-over first. Because see, the old line just doesn’t suit anymore. I’m still as clueless as ever, but I’m no longer rambling. I’m now a happy mommy cruising along – at times scared, confused, harassed, but still in each and every time, amazed and thankful – and enjoying every single minute with my boy.






5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've gone back to blogging. Looking forward to hearing more stories. And your baby boy is a blessing to others as well. I miss Mitooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAAAH! I wanna bond with Mito! He has to know me! Hahahaha! CUUUUUTIE PIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I can only agree with you more. Being a mom is hard, but rewarding. Especially when you come home and he's so thrilled to see you =)

    Welcome back to blogging! and like ate ida, looking forward to your posts. with parents like you and Moks, it'll be interesting =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nakakaiyak naman 'to! write on!

    lets date-play when schedule permits nang maging friends naman ang ating mga bagets. :D

    ReplyDelete